Banana Pecan Cake
Equally good for dessert or breakfast, this banana cake is rich in banana flavor, moist and can be wrapped and left at room temperature for up to five days.
Yield: 8-12 slices
- Â Â Â 1 cup Zenobia Mammoth Pecans
- Â Â Â 2 cups white sugar
- Â Â Â 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Â Â Â 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Â Â Â 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Â Â Â 4 over ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- Â Â Â 3 cups all purpose white flour
- Â Â Â 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Â Â Â 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Â Â Â 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Â Â Â 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Â Â Â 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan.
Place the pecans on a cutting board and chop well. Set aside.
Place the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl and mix well. Add the vanilla and bananas and mix until just combined. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to banana mixture. Mix until just combined. Pour into the prepared Bundt pan and cook one hour.