The classic, amplified with lemon zest and white wine. If you like, substitute firm pears for the apples.
- 1/4 cup Zenobia Mammoth Pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 strips lemon zest, grated or chopped
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and top third cut off and discarded
- 6 tablespoons white wine
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the pecans on a cutting board and coarsely chop. Transfer to a small bowl along with the maple syrup, cinnamon, raisins and lemon zest and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into four parts and stuff inside apples. Place the apples in a small baking dish, so that they touch each other and pour the wine around them. Transfer to the oven and bake until the apples are soft, about one hour.
Note: to make a lemon strip, take a vegetable peeler and peel. Each peel is 1 strip.