Romaine Lettuce Salad with Chive and Pistachio Vinaigrette
This lovely light but intriguing salad is perfect to serve before the entrÃ©e. Try substituting hazelnuts for the pistachios or even adding a sprinkling of dried cranberries for some added sweetness.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, well washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chives, cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup Zenobia Turkish Pistachios or California pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl. Place the oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl and mix to combine. Remove the shells from the pistachios and discard them. Add the chives, pistachio nuts, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and serve immediately.