Candy Coated Pecans
Are you trying to get your sweet craving to give nuts a try? Let them try these and then try to stop them from finishing off the whole bowl. These candy coated nuts are also great for garnishing cakes, particularly coconut cake, chocolate cake and carrot cake.
- 1 large egg white (about 2 tablespoons), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Zenobia Mammoth Pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, optional
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the egg white in a medium sized stainless steel bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the brown sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the pecans and the coconut, if desired, and stir until well coated. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Set aside at least 30 minutes and up to two hours. Transfer to the oven and bake, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Immediately loosen the nuts with a spatula and set aside to cool.